The authorities of Sudan has launched tender in search of consultants to assist within the implementation of an irrigation challenge within the states of North Kordofan and West Kordofan.
The project includes installation of 1,170 solar irrigation pumps in the country. Successful consultants will provide engineering and supervision services, design of solar water pumping methods, based on the necessities of each farm.
The companies will also provide help to the irrigation challenge implementation unit, supervision and contract administration of works associated to the installation and commissioning of the solar pumps. The firms may even assist the project implementation unit through technical and financial supervision to guarantee that all works are carried out in accordance with the contract specs. The consultants may also participate within the development activities and in the implementation of the project’s environmental and social management plan.
Read:Optimising effectivity of solar-powered pumping systems
Erratic rainfall
The solar pumps shall be put in in North Kordofan and West Kordofan states the place erratic rainfall is generally skilled because of the arid climate and local weather change, with a negative impression on agricultural yields, in accordance with the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
The new gear shall be used to pump groundwater. In addition to meals safety, the challenge goals to reduce farmers’ dependence on fossil fuels, which are harmful to human health and the setting. Interested corporations have till September 14th, 2021 to use.
The irrigation project is 75% financed by a $21.7 million loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB). เกจวัดแรงดันลม remaining 25% might be paid in installments over three years. The pan-African establishment indicates that the set up of the photo voltaic pumps shall be accomplished by December thirty first, 2025.